Aug 1, 2018 Pinterest Ads Manager 101
This week at SB Media, we’re continuing our Pinterest series. As you may recall, we’re dedicating the month of September to sharing how to best use Pinterest to grow your business.
As we showed you last week with our guide to creating the ideal Pin, your brand’s organic Pinterest presence is a vital component to success on the platform. This week, we’re sharing another element to the Pinterest success equation: advertising with Pinterest Ads Manager.
Why Should You Advertise on Pinterest?
- Pinterest is a future-oriented site, and Pinners are constantly looking for inspiration. You can use Pinterest to influence your target audience’s future behavioral choices and tendencies.
- Advertising on Pinterest can help you get ahead of the competition, as people tend to browse Pinterest in advance of other platforms.
- Pinterest ads, or Promoted Pins, can increase your brand’s impressions and engagement metrics over time, as Pinners frequently engage with others’ Pin boards, and tend to revisit their own Pins after saving them.
- Pinterest offers unique metrics, like “save” and “close-up” data, that other platforms don’t. This data can offer you a nuanced look at what engages and interests your audience.
Pinterest Ads Manager Tips
- Establish Your Business Profile: In order to advertise with Pinterest, you will first need a business profile. If you haven’t done so already, you can set one up here.
- Promote Top Pins: Pinterest advertising operates through promoted Pins, and some Promoted Pins perform better than others. It’s best to promote Pins that are already generating engagement on your boards. Pins that your audience is already viewing, saving or re-pinning will be most successful when you broaden their reach.
- Use the Pinterest Tag: The Pinterest Tag is a code that is placed on your website to track Pinners’ behavior on your site once they leave Pinterest. Pinterest Tags can provide you with all kinds of data, ranging from page views to checkouts. You can also use this tool to determine which audiences to retarget going forward.
Interested in more Pinterest tips and tricks? Your StyleBlueprint team would love to advise you. Contact us today for a consultation.
*all stats sourced from Pinterest here.