Oz Arts Nashville – Operations & Administrative Associate Jan 21, 2022
Website Oz Arts Nashville
POSITION: Operations & Administrative Associate OZ ARTS, NASHVILLE, TN
STATUS: Full-time with the expectation to work some nights and weekends
REPORTS TO: Executive & Artistic Director
ABOUT: OZ Arts is a 501c3 non-profit, contemporary arts center housed in the former CAO cigar headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. Utilizing the flexible, newly-renovated 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse and surrounding 5 acres of manicured grounds at OZ, the organization presents artworks from a variety of disciplines by local, national, and international artists. Since opening to the public in 2014, OZ Arts has contributed to the expanding cultural landscape of the Mid-South region by offering an intimate context for performing and visual art programs that challenge and inspire a diverse range of curious audiences.
MISSION: OZ Arts supports the creation, development, and presentation of significant performing and visual art works by leading artists whose contribution influences the advancement of their field. Through performances, exhibitions, and community events, OZ Arts focuses on producing and presenting the work of local and visiting artists who reflect our diverse society, utilize new artistic forms and technology in creative ways, and provide opportunities for meaningful engagement with audiences, students, and cultural and civic leaders.
SUMMARY: The Operations & Administrative Associate will provide support to all areas of OZ Arts operations, including artistic programs, engagement, events, development, and marketing. Additionally, this role takes responsibility for executive leadership scheduling and communication, office/vendor management, clerical support, as well as a general brand ambassadorship, representing OZ Arts to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide general office management and oversight including basic HR activities such as employee onboarding and PTO approval among other duties.
- Coordinate meetings, schedules, correspondence, and day-to-day activities for executive leadership and administrative staff.
- Provide support to development initiatives as needed, including but not limited to communication with board members, meeting coordination and follow-up, data entry, and mailings.
- Assist with special event inquiries, bookings, and event planning, including venue tours and software maintenance as needed.
- Liaise with finance and accounting office regarding invoices, vendor relationships, and day-to-day financial management.
- Provide general operations support, communicating with parking, landscaping, building maintenance as needed.
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, email communication, mail distribution and filing.
- Track and maintain schedules for performances, special events and meetings. Prepare travel and credit card reports.
- Provide internal hospitality, including making daily coffee and laying out food orders for applicable meetings or gatherings.
- Support artist and production crew hospitality efforts on an as-needed basis. Answer phones and route calls, as necessary, to appropriate individuals.
- Manage inventory for general office and special events as needed.
*OZ Arts may adjust the specifics of the role and responsibilities depending upon candidate’s skillset and the changing needs of the organization.
- The successful candidate will enjoy taking an enthusiastic, positive approach to working within a small, mission-driven arts organization. They will have the ability to work collaboratively and possess strong written and verbal communication, customer service, and organizational skills. The Operations & Administrative Associate should be able to work under pressure at times, proactively problem-solve, and handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Demonstrated passion for contemporary performance, art and media. Working understanding of theater and/or arts organization operations Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Excellent customer service skills, confidence and ease with the general public
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Keen attention to detail and able to work well under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once, work independently and meet deadlines Ability to organize and maintain complex schedules and systems
- Strong computer, Internet, and social media skills; proficient in MS Office
- Experience with general day-to-day IT support (software updates, printer compatibility, troubleshooting) for a small office preferred
- Experience with event planning a plus
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Candidates are encouraged to explain how their experience or education relates to their potential success in this position.
Monday – Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm with expectation to work some nights and weekends as productions/events require.
OZ Arts will negotiate a full-time salary commensurate with experience and capacity. PTO plan and benefits to be discussed with candidates at time of interview.
OZ Arts Nashville is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of the employment process will be merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship or other protected characteristic.
CONTACT INFORMATION & PROCEDURE:
Candidates may send resume, cover letter, and references to [email protected] with “Subject: Your Name, Operations & Admin” No phone calls, please.
OZ Arts Nashville
6172 Cockrill Bend Circle Nashville, TN 37209
Email: [email protected] Website: ozartsnashville.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com